Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Out of State calls being dropped

Regular Visitor

Out of State calls being dropped

Problem with outbound out of State calls.

For the past two weeks I have had a problem with my Comcast Voice dropping calls. I contacted Comcast and they stated that the issue was with my modem. I don't believe so because I have no issues with my Internet and calls with in California. If it was an issue with the modem I would have issues with the majority of my calls. I make calls all over California and at times to Oregon, Georgia and Arizona. I have not lost a call when placed to any party located in California. When I contact a party out of State, I can lose the call with in the first minute or 10-15 minutes into the call. There is no rhyme or reason as to why the call will be lost. If the party from out of State contacts me, the call stays connected. I have tried several different phones, hardwired and wireless, but it does not make a difference. I am bound to drop the call sometime during our talk if I initiated the call.

So I am wondering if anybody else is having this issue with Comcast and if so, was it resolved and what was the determination of the issue.

Thank you....

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation