Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Only my ID shows that the numbers calling are Private

New Poster

Only my ID shows that the numbers calling are Private

In my phone calling ID only shows Private Number. How I can see who is calling me. Since I got it; I am almost can not answer the phone because I am not interested in answering to ppl that I don't know. How I fix it?

Problem Solver

Re: Only my ID shows that the numbers calling are Private

Juana1955--

If people are deliberately blocking their number using *67 you can activate your anonymous call rejection by dialing *77. The caller will hear a message asking them to unblock their number.

Does this happen with all calls? Have you tested this by having someone with another landlines call you? The reason I ask is to determine if there may be an issue with your caller id feature itself.

Try activating your anonymous call rejection first and then follow up with us. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Thanks
-Keisha-
New Poster

Thank You. Yes it is happening with all the calls, even the ones are not anonymos. I try calling with my cell and also it shows private. 

I am having a lot of issues with my phone. Sometimes it shows like is connecting and don't let you make calls at all. Other times work just fine.

We are not been able to use this phone because all the times we have a different issues. I not answering it, because I don't know who is calling and someetimes I want to make outside calls and the phone is not working at that moment.

New Poster

I am having the same issues.  We switched to the triple play services on Feb 10th and can not get our caller ID to work.  All calls show up as PRIVATE CALL....called customer support - someone was suppose to get back to us within 72 hrs but they have not.  Please help

New Poster

I just got Triple play last Thursday. I had an issue with the cable modem dropping the communications so I called Comcast on Sunday (2/17) and they "reset" the cable modem that controls the Internet and Phone. Since that time, all of my phone calls went to "Private" on Called ID.  I just got off the phone with Comcast and he found that all of my phone features (that were on before) were turned off. Once he turned all of the features back on, my caller ID is back up and working like it was before. Hope this helps.

Regular Visitor

I JUST WHAT IT FIXED. AM PAYING.IT'S A SIMPLE STATEMENT.PLEASE HELP NOTHING SHOW WHO CALLED.

New Poster

Hi,  I'm have the same issue.  No matter who calls me, all calls are showing as Private Calls.  This happened once I updated my double pay package (phone and internet).  How can I get this resolved?  Thanks.