Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

OK I give up xfinity 12 number block limit policy

ANSWERED
Contributor

OK I give up xfinity 12 number block limit policy

OK I give up on getting xfinity to change their 12 number block limit policy..I have the selective forwarding on also to 12 but the robo calls just keep changing

I have the triple play and keep getting tired of going to my preferences to delete / add numbers to block because my limit has been reached.

This has been discussed many times but they ..xfinity..hasn't done a thing

As Xfinity will not provide this service perhaps a alternative (outside source) I'll purchase and BILL Xfinity for..LOL

Who can give the best lowest cost option that has worked for them on blocking?

And yes i'm on the DNC list..

Thanks in advance

jim

Accepted Solution

Re: OK I give up xfinity 12 number block limit po

My solution

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/100-12-block-wifi-issue-3new-phones/m-p/1780938#M16328

dotbiz wrote:

OK I give up on getting xfinity to change their 12 number block limit policy..I have the selective forwarding on also to 12 but the robo calls just keep changing

I have the triple play and keep getting tired of going to my preferences to delete / add numbers to block because my limit has been reached.

As Xfinity will not provide this service perhaps a alternative (outside source) I'll purchase and BILL Xfinity for..LOL

Thanks in advance

jim

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

We went to the Digitone Call Blocker about 6 months ago, and wish we did it sooner.

It blocks up to 80 numbers and will block automatically any spoofed or out of area numbers that Comcast will not block. It cost $100 and you can check it out on Amazon.

There are others that you can use your computer if you leave it on all the time so you might want to check that out also.

Good luck.

Contributor

Did a quick search and they do get good reviews..The way these calls come and their numbers  change  I don't know if 80 blocks would be worth the money .. Over $1 per call to block ..but not out of the question !
Thanks for your reply glad there is at least  something as a alternative or add on to the xfinity 12
Still lookin for other success stories !

jim

Contributor

I tried Phonetray.com which I can't really review as it didn't fit MY needs but perhaps for someoneelse  it would be good..Still looking

Contributor

My solution

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Voice-Service-and-Equipment/100-12-block-wifi-issue-3new-phones/m-p/178...

dotbiz wrote:

Thanks in advance

jim

Frequent Visitor

I agree with Jim.  WHEN are you going to expand the number of phone numbers that we can block or forward?  I too have reached my 12 each limit, and I'm getting really tired of the repeated calls from the scammers who choose not to bother with do-not-call registry requirements. 

Come on, Comcast!  Get your act together, please!

New Poster

The 12 limit is ridiculous.  There are so many more scam calls than that.  I am on the DNC list and I even spoke with a human being at the DNC center to ask why I keep getting calls after I keep reporting them.  He said that if they keep calling they are not legitimate businesses, they just don't care.  They're not going to pay the fines anyway.  Now they have rotating phone numbers.  It's always a city, all over the US and a phone number on the caller ID.

Comcast - if you are not going to raise the number to a reasonable limit, at least put our blocked numbers in the order by date.  That way we can remove the oldest one and replace it with the latest annoying call.

New Poster

The Pro Call Blocker Newest Version 2.2! Nuisance phone call block and telemarketer screener. One-touch programming, TWO YEAR WARRANTY
On amazon looks promising at $60. Blocks 1500 calls! I just ordered it. Q&A on amazon says it works with comcast and with wireless extension headsets. Coming Sat, will update if it doesn't work.
Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Please update either way. 

Will the device list the blocked numbers that tried to call, or will you just not receive any calls at all?

Contributor

Sounds like a good potential option.. I know I reviewed many options originally.. And went the route I did which is good for my needs..haven't been in my comcast voice block setting for a while now... BUT do post how it works !! BTW : I see it listed  on their own website for the same price..just in case amazon sells out as they only showed one in stock and there are very few reviews on amazon..and few under the seller ratings on ebay.. G/L

jim

Tags (2)
Contributor

any update ?

New Poster

Haven't attached it yet. Don't get a lot of robocalls on weekends. I can report that physically it is little..about 3 by 5 by 2.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation