Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Now they tell me I cant port my phone number

Contributor

Now they tell me I cant port my phone number

After calling the "moving service" and making all the arrangements to switch my comcast service to my new address (same county, same area code 8.5 miles away)......I have now been told, after installing the service that my number can not be ported to the new location since it is in a different rate center????  When I placed the order, I was told to call a specific number: 866 211-2423 go to the "trouble" "phone" menu and then they could port it over.....no problem.  Moving could not do it, tech had to do it.

Now after following specific instructions I was givent the news that my number cant move from FtLauderdale rate center to Deerfield Beach rate center!!!!!   This is NOT ACCEPTABLE......I just want my phone number to move with me.  I have asked for a supervisor to call, I am to receive a call back in 24 hours.....meanwhile my old comcast service is scheduled to shut down on tuesday....leaving me with what?  a number I never knew I would get. 

There has to be another way.

New Poster

Re: Now they tell me I cant port my phone number

That doesn't suprise me at all.  Comcast makes a lot of advertising claims, but cannot get their act together on actually supplying the service.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.  Managment is not communicating with the service people. 

Regular Contributor

I did not know about "rate centers" when I was told I could port my number by two different Comcast employees.  Later found out I was in a different rate center and gave up.   But I did press the issue enough to go far up the Comcast chain.  So don't give up, go up the supervisor chain.

New Poster

funny... NOT   "ComcastJesse" just gave me the same number in response to my shout out for HELP!!!!!!!!!! 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation