Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not Robo calls

Frequent Visitor

Not Robo calls

Hello, has anyone been recieving an abundance of phone calls during the day from random individuals?  If you work during the day, the calls are perhaps on your caller ID.  Well, I've discovered after calling one of the numbers and threatening to call the police, that it is possibly Comcast's server that's the issue.  The one thing in common with the callers are that we're all customers.  I have exactly 72 names and growing (6/29/2015), those calls happen everyday some names pop up on my phone at least 6-7 times daily, sometimes the same names shows up at 4-our to 6.  It wasn't until I called one of them and mention the cops, someone decided to call me back and what do you know they were having the same issue, so was their neighbors: all Comcast customers and when I gave my name, my number was calling them too.  What gives?

New Poster

Re: Not Robo calls

Sign up with Nomorobo through your Comcast account.  They have a database of numbers which have been reported to them, and the calls will stop.  It's worked for me!  If a call gets through, just add the number to their database.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Not Robo calls

No, my subject was "not robo calls" because I knew it wasn't robo calls.  I already have "norobo".  The issue was Comcast, it was their servers that was somehow screwed up and apprently within my surrounding neighborhood everyone was calling one another unintentionally.  My number was showing up on other caller I D's as well as theirs on mines.  This I found out because I decided to call one of the numbers that called my home 6 times one day, I had recieved 72 calls within two months from different numbers and everyone lived in my town, and the woman I spoke with, knew some of her neighbors informed me that my name was popping up on their caller ID too.  So, it was a Comcast issue and they tried telling me that it was someone trying to get through as some sort of scam, but as soon as we (customers) complained, it somehow mysteriously stopped.  I don't know of someone trying to pull a scam and trying to stop when it may been working...

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation