Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

NoMoRobo issues

Frequent Visitor

NoMoRobo issues

I've been trying to set up NoMoRobo with Comcast's crappy digital voice and the Voice2Go app.   It's telling me that I can't do this with my "Local with more" plan.  I could do this easily with POTS.  So a 'modern' technology is less capable than the technology it replaced?

Comcast keeps fighting Title II reclassification as a common carrier, perhaps they should be liable for all of the telemarketing fraud on their lines.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: NoMoRobo issues

With nomorobo....Comcast would have to cooperate with the service.   It forwards call to nomorobo then back to you.  Doubt that Comcast does or even will cooperate with it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: NoMoRobo issues

They actually have this forum post:

I got as far as step #5 - Activate Voice2Go

There's a how-to on that as well - https://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/activate-voice-2go/

Unfortunately, I get as far as the app set up screen and I'm stopped because I don't have a package that I can't even buy on their website.  Why can't all users block robocalls?

"If you are currently a Local With More subscriber, you will need to upgrade to XFINITY Voice Unlimited in order to be eligible for Voice 2go. However, you are still able to opt-in for Text Messaging free of charge." (....and the stupid forums doesn't like the screen shot from Comcast's own page).

Reading that second link, it says that I need "Xfinity Voice Unlimited".  That package doesn't exist anywhere on Comcast's site that I can find and I don't think I would want to throw another bent nickel their way considering the quality of service I get.

p.s. I HATE the whole Xfinity thing....you know your company is associated with crappy service when you try to rebrand it under another name.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation