New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No response after dialing number

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

No response after dialing number

I got the triple play a few days ago.

When I call a number, sometimes (50% chance in the last 24 hours) I don't hear any response after that. I have to hang up and dial again (and maybe again) to finally get a ringing tone. A friend later asked me if I called earlier and that all he heard was static.

Has anyone seen this?

Also, my land line phone whose number I ported to comcast is still in service. Shouldn't comcast cancel the account for me? It does not ring when I call the number, but if I dial out with it, the called party can see my number in caller ID.

Accepted Solution

Re: No response after dialing number

This issue has been fixed by comcast. I was told it's some sort of switch mis configuration.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Your old service will be automatically canceled, but it takes a week or two for the old phone co to respond and act on it.

With your issue, first try testing it by plugging in a known good wired phone into the L1/L2 jack on the Comcast eMTA phone adapter, and try it.

We need to determine if it's a inside wiring or equipment issue inside your house, or on the Comcast side.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm using a known good cordless phone, that I have been using for the last few years without problem. Plus, I get the dialtone. It is very unlikely the phone suddenly stop working after I dial a number, then works again after I hang up (so that I can hear the dial tone), then stop working again after I dial a number.

Since my cable TV and internet both work (all provided by comcast), it is unlikely a wiring issue. The phone is plugged directly into the comcast modem.

I just encountered this problem a minute ago. I redialed again and still get silence.

I finally gave up and used my cellphone to dial the same number, which works. According to the person I called, they received two calls with no response.

Frequent Visitor

This issue has been fixed by comcast. I was told it's some sort of switch mis configuration.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation