Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

No power no phone

New Poster

No power no phone

Pretty lousy service from comcast. Initially we were told that we would have at least three hours of back up power for telephone, in the event of a power outage. Now comcast is not providing battery back up. Maybe you should at least let your customers know when renting a modem from you, that it won't work during a power outage! With the money we pay you every month, for mostly garbage on tv, you could at least supply phone service reliably. Maybe it is time to drop all of this stuff...

Frequent Visitor

Re: No power no phone

Regular Contributor

Batteries are no longer provided as most people have cordless phones that require commercial power to operate anyhow.  You can purchase the batteries yourself fairly cheap if you still have a line-powered phone that doesn't require commercial power.  Here is the link to get one from Comcast but I'm fairly certain you could find one online as well (ARCT02220 is the battery part number)

Regular Contributor

If you want to get a battery for your modem, you should look on Ebay because you can usually get one for around $15.00 compared to $35.00 plus shipping when you buy one from Comcast.  Your local Comcast office might still give out free batteries, but I do not know about this for sure.  You would still need a phone that had a backup battery or a corded phone that does not require power if you wanted to use your phone during a power outage.

If your cable signal goes out, your phone will most likely not work.

New Poster

Thanks... I'll check it out.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation