Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

No phone

Regular Visitor

No phone

My phone has been out for the last 24 hours.  I see Comcast's message that there is a known problem in my area and technicans are working to correct it, but after this long an outage there needs to be a system to get more info out to customers.  What and were is the problem and an estimate on when it might be fixed would be nice.  Duke Energy has a system that gets this info out, so I don't see why Comcast can't do it. 

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: No phone

Is your phone service still out, or has it been restored?

Regular Visitor

My phone service is still out, however we just got off the phone with Comcast and they promised to send someone to the house by 4:30 today.  What I learned so far from this is not to believe the line that there is a known problem in the area and technicans are working on it.  Three different people told me that and it was never true.  Anyhow, thanks for following up on my email.   

Gold Problem Solver

lynn3219 wrote: My phone service is still out, however we just got off the phone with Comcast and they promised to send someone to the house by 4:30 today. ...

Be sure to answer all the pre-appointment phone calls, otherwise your service call might be canceled. That's not supposed to happen, but . . .

... What I learned so far from this is not to believe the line that there is a known problem in the area and technicans are working on it. ...

You are wise to be skeptical. The "we're working on it" line seems to be abused fairly often. Good luck, and please let us know how your service call turns out.

Regular Visitor

My phone is back working.  Steve, the Comcast technician did a great job of finding a connection that had shorted out and fixed the problem by replacing the connectors where the wire had been spliced.