Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No phone service

ANSWERED
New Poster

No phone service

I just signed up for voice to go along with internet and TV service. This was activated 5 days ago but I don't have phone service still. After taliking with a tech support for 20 minutes and getting nowhere fast, they decided to send out a tech to check connections. He checked and everything was ok and told me to contact customer support because it was a problem with porting not being set up correctly by Comcast. After speaking with customer service again and once again getting nowhere, I was told that they could not help me and that they would refer me to someone higher up and get back to me. I am still waiting. Anybody have any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Re: No phone service

Phone is now working. Thanks for help
View answer in context
Service Expert

mroush226,

The Comcast Team available to the Forums has been alerted to your issue. Expect a reply in this thread or via Private Message.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing. Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with RED lettered User Names. Comcast Appointed Experts are identified with GREEN lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Administrator
Administrator

I am showing that the port request failed, if the number was disconnected with the previus provider before this was moved over to us this could have caused an issue. The number has to be active, it also needs to be under the same name of the current account and a third party verification is needed to be completed. If you canceled the phone service with the previus provider, this has to be restarted before we can initiate another port request. Now, if the number is still active we will need to reprocess this port request and depending on the carrier it can take 2-5 days to have the number over. I also see that the porting team try contacting you multiple times regarding the issues. Can you send me a private message with the best number that you can be reached on? This would be needed since they do require confirmation before a correction can be made. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I did not cancel service. I am not receiving any incoming calls due to no phone service- it goes directly to former carriers voicemail which I can no longer get to.
Administrator
Administrator

I am showing that the number was just moved into the account and is showing active. There is a chance that you might need to plug in your phone into telephone one in the back of the modem. Can you confirm that the issue was resolved at this time? -FC 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Phone is now working. Thanks for help
Administrator
Administrator

Great to hear that it has been resolved for you at this time! Also, no problem here to help. -FC 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation