Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

No dial tone

New Poster

No dial tone

My telephone 1 light is flashing slowly with no cable connected.

New Poster

Re: No dial tone

i,m having the same problem . any help.

New Poster

We have not had phone service all day.  The tel1 is flashing on the modem.  It says a line is in use, but all the phones have been checked and none are let on.  We have had some problems since we got the new modem a few months ago.

Thanks, Ron Sebben

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem, after my X1 upgrade.

Same here. Spent 10 hrs trying to get to someone who could tell me what the problem is and to fix. After online chat for a hr (went nowhere and disconnected), over 6 different techs, 3 calls to activation dept., a trip to local office a new modem, more calls to cancel phone service...still no answers. Routed back to tech dept. Last person I spoke with is now sending a 3rd modem! ( a separate one for just phone). All are trying to say it is my phone because calls do appear on TV and will go to written text voice mail. HOWEVER, I just borrowed a neighbors phone and it did not work either. I have a VTEK cordless system that worked perfectly until Comcast made me switch to a "upgraded" modem. If the 3rd moden doesn't work, I will leave Comcast for either Verizon or WOW...after nearly 20 years. Before it comes to that, I'm wondering, if after reading support pages, might I need a adapter??? Also, why would wiring be a issue when a wall jack is not used??? (They tried to tell me this as well)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation