Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

No dial tone, telephone 1 light blinking

New Poster

No dial tone, telephone 1 light blinking

No dial tone, phones are hung up, telephone 1 light on modem blinks, incoming calls go directly to comcast voice mail, cannot make outgoing calls

Expert

Re: No dial tone, telephone 1 light blinking

Sorry you are having trouble.

Can you reset the modem by using a toothpick or aballpointpento reach in to the small hole on the back of the modem to depress the reset  switch?  Hole the switch in gently until the lights go out , all except the power light , and then release and see if that helps.

Also try plubbing a wired phone in the L1 jack on the back of the modem to rule out house wiring issues.

Thank You

New Poster

Did not work

Expert

If you plugged a wired phone into jack LJ1 and didn't get a dial tone, then you should call Comcast.
New Poster

When i plug in telephone in to modem phone work but when i plug the modem in to the wall as the was and phone in to next room to the wall jack the phone is dead. I try all the jacks in the house.

New Poster

Also I can see people calling on the caller ID but telephone is not rings and when I  pick up the phone I do not hear nothing voice mail pick up.

Expert

Sounds like you might have a short in the wiring or perhaps a broken wire. You need a Phone Tech to sort it out for you.

New Poster

I have had the same problem. It has happened 4 times over the last several months. I called Comcast support, but the problem continued. I had the inside wiring checked and no problem was found. Each time the problem went away by itself. It happened last night. I touched nothing, did nothing. 12 hours later, everything was working. So far, nobody has been able to provide an answer.