Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

No Phone Service

Regular Visitor

No Phone Service

Our Internet service went out.  I unplugged the modem and surge protector and when that didn't work I called Comcast.  The agent indicated he was doing something and then I lost telephone service. After a half hour since I don't have a cell phone, I went looking for a pay phone to call Comcast.  With no luck after 45 minutes, I asked a stranger to use their cell phone to call Comcast.  I told the agent my story and requested that they fix it.  When I arrived home the Internet was working, but not the telephone.  The indication on my Comcast acct. states that all is connected, but the telephones are not working.  Any suggestions other than I need a backup telephone?  Thank you.

New Poster

Re: No Phone Service

Hello my phone has been off since yesterday evening after talking to a represntive of comcast. I have reset my boxs but no service still. Also, I have been trying to get my telephone number back since I moved 773 498 8990. Furthermore, no one ask me about changing my number, secondly u also changed my package without my permission and I have been without phone service twice within a week. Consequently, u add charges that It took 2hrs to remove but u appreicate my business, u sure have a funny way of showing it. The internet also goes and come when it gets ready thanks im getting rid of the triple play and only keeping the internet cause this dont make since as much money as you charge ,cable is the only thing I havent had a complaint about. Look up my call record for the last 2 weeks mostly comcast.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation