Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

No Digital Voice this morning

Frequent Visitor

No Digital Voice this morning

My son came knocking on my door this morning, very concerned that he couldn't get in touch with me.  I didn't know it then, but my "wonderful" CDV was not working.  I checked the phone and wasn't getting a dial tone, checked my computer, was not working....but my Cable was perfect (go figure).  Anyway, I checked to see if I had the much publicized E911 feature and it didn't work either; so, needless to say, had there been an emergency in my home I wouldn't be able to get help! 
All these promises from Comcast are worthless if my 911 doesn't work.  Also, calling Comcast was useless as well.  I got a recording stating that they "couldn't take my call at this time and to try online Chat or call back at another time", and promptly disconnected me.  Well, online chat couldn't be reached because my computer was down as well.
I thought that my modem had a battery back up and was supposed to work.  The pretty girl on the commercials for Comcast say there is......NOT!
Regular Contributor

Re: No Digital Voice this morning

Battery backup only helps if you lose power.  It sounds like that wasn't the case for you.
Did you try resetting the modem from the back?  No matter what anyone says if you want a true fail safe for 911 a regular POTS line is still the best.  CDV is still VoIP and if some thing is going on in your local area with the comcast network then voice will go out.  Doesn't mean your internet will and vice versa.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation