Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

New version of PC Caller ID does NOT fix problem.

Frequent Visitor

New version of PC Caller ID does NOT fix problem.

There is little if any difference in the performance of the latest PC Caller ID update and prior versions.

At first, the first day or two, it seemed to connect more easily. The connection has been lost overnight. I now have an Xfinity Gateway (router). It appears to be reset some nights.

Shouldn't be an issue. Network maintenance, firmware updates, etc. are standard. The app should reconnect automatically. Not pop up a window in the user's face and/or block the notification area with a useless "logging in" message for an interminable amount of time.

Frequent disconnects and repeated attempts to reconnect have returned. Adding insult to injury call notices have not been displayed on the PC while they work normally though the cable TV box.

I think it's time to demand that Comcast make good on it's "Customer Service Guarantee". Maybe issuing a $20 credit to customers each time the problem isn't fixed will finally put this to rest.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New version of PC Caller ID does NOT fix problem.

Comcast will never issue a credit for this.  I was told by a customer rep that as far as Comcast is concerned, UCID for the PC is a free service.  Since you are not paying for it, they won't give you a credit towards your account if it doesn't work.

I have also noticed that UCID still cannot stay connected for very long, and can take a long time to connect.  Even if it is connected, it doesn't always ID incoming calls.

I don't know why they can't fix this thing, when it used to work so well.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation