Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

New email notification removes number and from line

New Poster

New email notification removes number and from line

Had several interactions with 'help' desk and they finally concluded that I had no problem, I needed to learn to live with their new format.  Am hoping I got bad advice from three people and there is a setting somewhere I can set to get old features back.

Starting a few days ago my email notifications of voice mail had no 'from' line and the subject just says 

"email; notification=yes".  The old subject line indicated which line it was for (I have 2 lines).  Now I have to log into comcast and retrieve to find out if it is for me or my wife.  Bigger problem, my email program has decided that an email from an unknown source is probably spam - reasonable call.  So all notifications are in junk mail which I have to check all day long to see if I have a voice mail waiting.  I cannot override spam label without a 'from' to indicate it is a trusted source.

Several interactions by email and online chat assured me that while they were sorry I was inconvenienced, that is just the way it is, the new 'service' eliminates the phone number and source.  Live with it. 

Was I given correct advice - no one now has a sender or phone number in their notification?  Has anyone figured out a way to get around this?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation