Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Digital Voice customer but no online voicemail

Frequent Visitor

New Digital Voice customer but no online voicemail

I'm no longer sure what a SmartZone is. I don't seem to be able to enter a SmartZone. I have no access to online Voice Mail. It seems that my phone number doesn't exist. My Digital Voice in on an Arris 502G phone modem, all by itself. My internet connection is on an RCA modem. When I was signed up I was told that I would have Comcast Digital Voice Universal Caller ID, but apparently the Arris modem doesn't support this. I have no way to set or change anything involving Voice Mail. I can access voice mail over the phone with a *99 dial but not able to even log into the magic SmartZone to see if there is a voice mail setup. If I click on voice mail I go to a sales pitch trying to sell me digital voice.

A Comcast tech came to our house, quickly installed the Voice Modem, made sure it worked and left, leaving no instructions other that to dial *99 and listen to the program instructions. Apparently that worked but I can not access any on line page that says it is Comcast's SmartZone. I turned my answer maching on and that is what I am using for voice mail.

Can someone give me a link, a url, that takes me to this SmartZone and give me some step by step guidance to access it?

TIA

Cable Expert

Re: New Digital Voice customer but no online voicemail

The modem or eMTA has nothing to do with caller ID on the pc or TV, that feature only works in area's with Motorola or Pace set top boxes and Motorola headend equipment.

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will get your online voice mail access working.  Watch for a response from them most likely next business week.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I have received multiple responses from Comcast. Perhaps on of them is the result of this forum. If so, thanks for assistance.

The problem identified with inability to access voice mail on line is that it takes 10 days after installation before voice mail becomes available, plus I should receive a security code in the mail for initial access. I was unaware of the time lag or the mailing of a security code. Comcast's installer's "bad." This incident is simply a case of Comcast not providing any information at time of installation. If I had known, I would not have repeatedly attempted log in. 

As for only Motorola or Pace boxes working with caller ID on pc, I wonder why Comcast hookup agreement indicates Universal caller ID is included and a user guide is provided to install it, then installs the Arris incompatible box????? 

Cable Expert

No Arris eMTA's are incompatible with UCID.  The UCID does not depend on the eMTA to work for the UCID on TV and PC, that is all done at the headend. 

The UCID on pc and TV is available to all triple play subscribers with Motorola or Pace equipment.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure I understand your comment. I am a triple play subscriber. I am connected to the internet with an RCA modem, connected to Digital voice with an Arris modem, and connected to TV with a Motorola modem. Is UCID on pc and tv available to my system? I installed the software, then uninstalled it when I read that the Arris modem was not compatible with UCID. Should I reinstall the software?

TIA

Cable Expert

The Arris modem (or any modem) has nothing to do with UCID on the pc or TV,  Because there is no relation from the Arris modem and the UCID service, then there is no compatibility issue because they are not related.

If your system is running Motorola equipment, then the UCID on pc and TV is standard and should work.  If it doesn't work, then it usually is an issue with the codes on your account that any Comcast support agent should be able to fix.

What you read about incompatible Arris equipment was totally wrong.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the correct information regarding UCID.

Problem Solver

-

I have made some changes and now are you able to access your Voice Mail?

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I can now access voice mail. Thank you!!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation