Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

New Caller ID Update Issue

New Caller ID Update Issue

Updated my caller id app. Now when the app logs on a launch screen is displayed every time. The launch screen remains open until you close it. The old version did not display the launch screen when you logged on to your PC account. Is the launch screen being displayed a new "feature" or a programming bug?
Message Edited by stealth51 on 08-30-2009 03:43 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: New Caller ID Update Issue

I noticed this as well.

I wish the logon screen would close after it automaticaly signs in, since the older version did this.

Now I have to click the close X button each time.

Regular Contributor

I suspect it stays open so we can change or add some of the new features. BUT there should be an option to have it auto close. It is an annoyance, which I have enough of already..  Smiley Wink

Turned mine off today. I'll check it out on the next update.
Frequent Visitor

I'm ready to do the same thing.  THey should have stuck with teh original software, I wish I could have that back.
Regular Contributor

I agree. I'm not liking this new version one bit.

Not only is it buggy (keeps disconnecting and reconnecting every few minutes), but the login screen does not minimize on its own like it use it.

Have to keep pressing the X in the top-right corner for it to go away.

New Poster

I also agree this is a problem.  I am set up for auto logon, but still get the initial screen and have to close it.  Combined with the disconnect/reconnect problem - still there as of 9/11/09 - it means this initial screen keeps coming up.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation