Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

My phone service doesn't work

New Poster

My phone service doesn't work

I just woke up to find my landline w/o a dial tone. My Internet still works,  but the phone libe light is flashing on the modem. Help please! !

New Poster

Re: My phone service doesn't work

This has happened to my land line 20+ times. I have spent hours on line with Comcast chat over various issues, but your dial tone can be obatained by unplugging you Modem(/router if it's a combo), wait 15 seconds. However this only temporarily solves the problem, I still have to do this once a day. I am fedup, Comcast can't solve this, even though the tech said he did. 

New Poster

Re: My phone service doesn't work

I have the same problem. Phone, internet, and on demand do not work several hours a day. I, too, have talked to Comcast several times over the past couple of years. The best help I got was when I told the person on the phone that my internet was down and he told me, "you know you can troubleshoot this online." He wasn't even listening to what the problem was.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation