Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

My caller ID name is wrong

New Poster

My caller ID name is wrong

I have had my home service for 2 weeks now and still when I call people, my name shows up on other caller IDs as the last person who must have had my phone number before me.

I was told this would correct after a week, but I am now going into week 3....how long will this take?

Re: My caller ID name is wrong

I've had mine with Comcast for a year now and they still haven't been able to fix it. Numerous phone calls and Twitter conversations with alleged 'support' representatives, at least one of which guaranteed me it was fixed, and it's still incorrect.

I dread ever having to call 911 in an emergency, because the information they'll have won't be right. I suppose the lawsuit at that point may get Comcast to pull their head out and fix it.

New Poster

Oh goody.  I have had my Comcast phone since November and today was the first time someone told me that I show up as "John Smith" -- nothing close to my real name but the explanation for some interesting experiences I've had in the interim.

Have not contacted Comcast as yet but wanted to check here the forum to see if I'm unique.  Sigh.

Nope, sadly not unique at all.

I finally got someone on the phone who knew what they were talking about, and issued me a support ticket number, stating someone would call me back in a couple of days to ensure everything was fixed. Sadly, the drone that got the ticket doesn't have much in the way of reading comprehension skills and addressed a completelty different issue that I don't have.

It's absolutely amazing how totally inept and incompetent most Comcast suppoert people are. Now I'm going to have to call them again, go through everything, hope I get someone who knows what the heck they're doing, and wait for someone to attempt to correct the issue.

It's ridiculous how many times you have to contact them to fix something that should never have needed fixing in the first place.

New Poster

I have had my phone since May of last year and even with a few phone calls to Comcast, they still have not fixed it.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation