Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

My ID is wrong

Regular Visitor

My ID is wrong

just got hooked up this morning. when we dial out, others see us as new jersey.. why are they not seeing our name?

i am also getting dvc-280,270, and 250 messages for recieved missed and dialed respectivly from the voice site...what do these messages mean

oh yea one more thing.... do i have to use 2 devices now. meaning, do i have to use my modem and the voice modem or can i just use the voice modem for internet as well???not sure why the tech installed the 1 device and left both operational.

Message Edited by pitt1717 on 10-10-2007 04:43 PM

Re: My ID is wrong

Hello pitt1717:

Thank you for choosing Comcast as your communications provider. I'm sorry you're having problems with some of your phone features, but I can see that you were just installed yesterday. As I explained to you on the phone, it can take up to 72 hours for some features to be fully provisioned, including the Digital Voice Center. If you're still having problems after that, please contact us or send me an email.

As for the two modems in your home, if you own your own modem (as it appears you do), and you do not incicate that you no longer wish to use that modem, the technician will generally assume that you want to continue to use that modem separate from your eMTA, and proceed to set up your eMTA for the CDV service only. If this is not the set up you're looking for, please contact us and we can correct it.

Regular Visitor

Re: My ID is wrong

thank you for you response. ill give it 3 or 4 days as you said and see what happens. also the modem isn't that big of a deal, so really not an issue. i was just wondering is all. thank you for the fast reply and hope the service and customer support stay at or above this level going forward.

thanks again,
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation