Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

My Comcast Telephone service has failed

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

My Comcast Telephone service has failed

This is the only way I can find to request household service from your web pages.  My Comcast-provided telephone number is 609-924-7787.  No incoming voice can be heard on phone calls, although dial tone, dialing, answering and outgoing (my) voice works correctly.  People I call or that call me can hear my voice perfectly, but I cannot hear them.  I need a service appointment ASAP.  Send email or call my mobile at 609-838-8284.

Accepted Solution

Re: My Comcast Telephone service has failed

It indeed was the cable modem.  Everything returned to normal once that was swapped out.  But the Comcast tech also inspected our cable wiring and determined that the outside junction box joining the road feed to three separate internal cable paths contained corroded junctions and without weatherproof cable connectors.  He replaced everything in the junction box which netted a 3db signal strength gain inside the house, resulting in faster broadband, clearer voice and crisper TV pictures.  Kudos to "Brian" for going that extra mile.

View answer in context
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same trouble as well. Just in the reverse. I can hear the person who calls me, but they can not hear me. Will have a service call tomorrow, along with no on demand service as well Smiley Sad!

Regular Visitor

I have a service call for tomorrow as well.  We'll see what they found.  Fault isolating this is interesting because my normal "home" phone is a cordless system, with two originally separate telephone lines (when Verizon supplied the Plain Old Telephone System (POTS) service) which are now tied together at the junction box on the side of my house.  My problem was the same on all satellite cordless receivers, so it could have been my cordless base station, my house wiring, or the cable modem (TV and broadband work perfectly).  I bought a cheap corded phone (a POTS phone) and tested both phone lines with by POTS phone plugged into the phone jacks.  Same old, same old, which eliminated my cordless base station and my house wiring.  (Since a phone line uses only two wires, it would have been impossible to get dial tone and dial out if the wiring was faulty.)  That leaves only the cable modem  We'll see if the Comcast tech agrees..

Official Employee

Sounds like your modem needs reprovisioned.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

It indeed was the cable modem.  Everything returned to normal once that was swapped out.  But the Comcast tech also inspected our cable wiring and determined that the outside junction box joining the road feed to three separate internal cable paths contained corroded junctions and without weatherproof cable connectors.  He replaced everything in the junction box which netted a 3db signal strength gain inside the house, resulting in faster broadband, clearer voice and crisper TV pictures.  Kudos to "Brian" for going that extra mile.

Regular Visitor

My telephon doesn`t work and TV. also, please fix the prablem soon as possible .Thank you, Milexx

Regular Visitor

My telephon doesn`t work and TV. also, please fix the pra...

My telephon doesn`t work and TV. also, please fix the prablem soon as possible .Thank you, Milexx

New Poster

My phone number was supposed to be ported over when I got the xfinity 3 play on 15 November 2013. It finallly connected 4 days later. Then on 12 Dec., it switched to another number (561-318-8635). I managed to fix that to my former number after another 2 days - then on 20 Dec., it switched again to the above number. On 21 December it was supposed to be fixed again - but, alas, I totally lost phone service on that day. I can't wait on my cell phone for over 30 minutes of blues music so what do I do? 

New Poster

We have same problem. Can call out, but cannot receive incoming phone calls. It has been 4 days and our numerous phone (cell) to comcast. We either get hung up on or disconnected. They have not called us back via cell phone for 4 days. I am thoroughly disgusted with Comcast (Xfinity) As soon as some other cable system is in my area you know what I am going to do

seamist675

New Poster

I, too, am having problems with my telephone system. I can make calls, but can not receive calls. I called customer service, and got a person in a foreign land. After several times being cut off and calling back, the customer service agent told my wife that Verizon had taken back their phone number. I have called Verizon's customer service and when I told them what comcast told me, it took the person on the other end several seconds to stop laughing and tell me that Verizon does not take back phone numbers. Now it seems to me, that a corporation as big as comcast, (getting bigger every day) should know better than to lie to their. Customers. Or is that now corporate policy? I have been without phone service for a week. The next person I am calling will be an attorney. The foriegn person told me that a representative would call me on sat morning between 9 and 12. I asked what number they would be calling me on. He gave me the number that does not ring at my home. How will the service rep call me on a number that says it is disconnected? I'm thinking of canceling my comcast service all together. They certainly don't care about my business.
New Poster

Cannot receive calls on one of my three phones. Sometimes no dial tone, sometimes can't hear caller, sometimes caller can't hear me. Sometimes, but not always can improve by walking around. Please call ASAP 415 239 1795. If can't get through call 415 613 1795.
Regular Contributor

Comcast will not call you. You need to call them...a

New Poster

Our telephone line is down and Justin for Comcast was no help.  I need to get the line working right away.  I have a 93 invalid in my home.

New Poster

Does comcast have an official Chat line, so we can go directly to the company for there lack of service.

Don

Service Expert

dpkahl wrote:

Does comcast have an official Chat line, so we can go directly to the company for there lack of service.

Don

YES.....

You can also call the following if you want your voice to be heard...1-888-736-6711   M-F  8to5

Good Luck!
-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation