Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

My Caller ID Shows Up As INDIANA not my name

New Poster

My Caller ID Shows Up As INDIANA not my name

Does anyone know why, when I call someone, their phone shows me as Indiana + telephone number?  How can I get this fixed?  My daughter was on line with 6 customer reps yesterday and this was not fixed for some reason.

Contributor

Re: My Caller ID Shows Up As INDIANA not my name

I have the same problem. Mine shows city and state + area code and number. When first ported from landline carrier it showed my first, last name + area code and number like it should. I have had 3 trouble tickets on this. Tired of dealing with their run around. When you call someone and it shows your city and state + number, people think it's a spam call etc.

Expert

Re: My Caller ID Shows Up As INDIANA not my name

wgd1206 wrote:

I have the same problem. Mine shows city and state + area code and number. When first ported from landline carrier it showed my first, last name + area code and number like it should. I have had 3 trouble tickets on this. Tired of dealing with their run around. When you call someone and it shows your city and state + number, people think it's a spam call etc.

SInce you have tried repeatedly, try this:

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.

Good luck!

-=Ray=-