Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Msg "this GOOGLE customer is unavailable" 2 all

New Poster

Msg "this GOOGLE customer is unavailable" 2 all

Incoming calls are not ringing in the house, just a single very short chirp (ring)  when a call comes in - but then nothing.  (Outgoing calls are fine.) 

All Callers get one of two announcements - a) "this Google customer is unavailable - leave a message".  or b) No one is available to take your call - please leave a message.'

Although callers have left messages in response to the announcement - no voicemail messages appear in the Comcast voice mail box.. 

All incoming calls are showing up as "Answered"  rather than "Missed'

About 17 outgoing calls are shown being made to 1-800-Comcast (while I was not at home.)

If I call my number directly (as if to reach voice mail)  I get the same announcement as shown above - rather then being connected to  the Comcast Voicemail prompts.

Problem began on Nov 6.   I've spoke with 4 Comcast reps last evening  - who have checked / tested various things - but no answer.   Problem has been escalated but in the meantime I cannot receive incoming calls..

Final note - my internet and cable TV are working fine.

Any ideas?

New Poster

Re: Msg "this GOOGLE customer...Solved

FYI  Problem resolved - phone had somehow been set to forward.  I have NO idea how  it occurred as I didn't do it or authorize it to be done,  and I am the only user of this phone/account.   Once I disabled the 'Forward Phone' option, all functions returned to normal.   Very odd.  Anyone else experience this?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Msg "this GOOGLE customer is unavailable&

You or someone in your home forwarded your phone to a Google Voice number.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation