Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Motorola 70X corded phone with cordless handset

New Poster

Motorola 70X corded phone with cordless handset

I am thinking about purchasing the Motorola 70X phone which is both a corded phone with cordless handset requiring only 1 jack. Can I use my Comcast digital voice service with this combo phone style?

I have an old AT&T cordless only phone currrently that doesn't give me much talk time and have been reading it's a good idea to have a cordless aroun during storm times (not too frequent in my area) Any tips or trips? Thx Lexy

New Poster

Re: Motorola 70X corded phone with cordless handse

Your new phone with a corded base station and cordless handset will work only if there is power on.! You will need a cell phone to have a chance to phone when the power is off. Sometimes even the cell phone will not work if power outage is wide spread This is my experience.

New Poster

But I need a better cordless with more tak hours on it and if that goes I'll have the corded phone as a back up. My good old AT&T cordless which I have had for over 20 years now is still working but doesn't have but 2 hours max talk timeSmiley Happy

Yes I have a cellphone with car charger just in case

Luckily in my area we don't have much down time; last storm where NJ got heavily hit only hit us for maybe 2 hours. Thank God

Gold Problem Solver

I can't find any information on a Motorola model 70X phone, but any phone designed for use with residential lines should work with Comcast's system. Note that your telephone modem or gateway device must have a good backup battery installed or it will not work during a power failure.

New Poster

yes, I called Comcast and tey said the gateway has a battery backup and the corded phone should work fineMy brother who  quite a bit fdamage in Long Island, NY I was able to reach him on his home phone during the storm but he had no power for 14 days but his home phone workedSmiley Wink. He finally got a gnerator after day 10

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation