Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing Calls from Call Log

Contributor

Missing Calls from Call Log

For the last couple of days - my call logs were not updating.   I'm missing some outgoing and incoming calls that I know that were made.   Can't see them or on the web or on the iphone app.   I tried logging out and back in, etc., but that did not help.

Last night, everything seemed to start working again.

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon??

Thanks...

Most Valued Poster

Re: Missing Calls from Call Log

kjk93940 wrote:

For the last couple of days - my call logs were not updating.   I'm missing some outgoing and incoming calls that I know that were made.   Can't see them or on the web or on the iphone app.   I tried logging out and back in, etc., but that did not help.

Thanks...

Have only beeen able to see 'placed calls' on logs for quite a while, Message says temporarily unavailable. Didn't really care but I really need a certain log of missed calls for legal matter.

Service Expert

kjk93940 wrote:

Thanks...

This happens quite frequently.... usually around the beginning of the month....   Remember that call logs are kept on DB servers and sometimes the actual end of month maintenance on these Databases may make them temporarily unavilable....    They usually are okay by the end of the day of the first day of the month.....

-=Ray=- 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Ray....thanks for sanity check. Its June 2 and still no logs. I have to prove something to a police officer who  says he called me to discuss a neighbor issue we have and I have nothing on my phone that says he called so I need to check 'missed calls'. I don't have a reason to check the logs too often so this is frustrating me....grrr. I can see placed calls and voice mail but thats all and here is what it says and seems to me they 'think' there is a problem and not just a maintenance or updating issue?

"Sorry, call logs are temporarily unavailable. We're working on fixing the problem."

Service Expert

TerriB wrote:

Ray....thanks for sanity check. Its June 2 and still no logs. I have to prove something to a police officer who  says he called me to discuss a neighbor issue we have and I have nothing on my phone that says he called so I need to check 'missed calls'. I don't have a reason to check the logs too often so this is frustrating me....grrr. I can see placed calls and voice mail but thats all and here is what it says and seems to me they 'think' there is a problem and not just a maintenance or updating issue?

"Sorry, call logs are temporarily unavailable. We're working on fixing the problem."

Hi TerriB!!!!

You may need to call into Comcast, enter the trouble ticket to Tier1 and then Tier2....   something tells me that if you haven't been able to see anything for this long, there is something not quite right in the backend coding of your Voice Account....  somewhere a "link" is missing in your MISSED calls database location to report on the online page....

Hope they can fix it for you!!!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Most Valued Poster

geek46 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Hi TerriB!!!!

You may need to call into Comcast, enter the trouble ticket to Tier1 and then Tier2....   something tells me that if you haven't been able to see anything for this long, there is something not quite right in the backend coding of your Voice Account....  somewhere a "link" is missing in your MISSED calls database location to report on the online page....

-=Ray=-

I will give it one more day and then YES I will call. I hesitate calling them about anything these days because they are so not helpful...like with X1 issues as you well know. I will let you know by PM what they tell me when I call tomorrow. Thanks for being there!

Most Valued Poster

geek46 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Hi TerriB!!!!

-=Ray=-

Ray, I went on  Comcast  chat and they told me "As of the moment, our engineers are currently upgrading our online features that is the reason why you are prompted with that error message."  My cr** detector went off.  I need to know if you can see yours please. I asked if everyone's logs are affected and the answer was YES......

Service Expert

TerriB wrote:

geek46 wrote:

TerriB wrote:

Hi TerriB!!!!

-=Ray=-

Ray, I went on  Comcast  chat and they told me "As of the moment, our engineers are currently upgrading our online features that is the reason why you are prompted with that error message."  My cr** detector went off.  I need to know if you can see yours please. I asked if everyone's logs are affected and the answer was YES......

NOT TRUE!!!!   I can see all of my logs in the S FL market...   <Shame on them> !!!!

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I have not been able to see them for about a month and a half. Always get the same message:

"Sorry, call logs are temporarily unavailable. We're working on fixing the problem." I'm thinking that it is BS and they are not working on anything!!! Good thing we pay through the rear-end for Comcast service!!!

Most Valued Poster

momx2 wrote:

I have not been able to see them for about a month and a half. Always get the same message:

"Sorry, call logs are temporarily unavailable. We're working on fixing the problem." I'm thinking that it is BS and they are not working on anything!!! Good thing we pay through the rear-end for Comcast service!!!

===================

If you want to get this resolved you MUST get it escalated and be very firm about it. The message you see on line  is BS for sure. It took me 3 weeks to get it fixed but I have to admit that once it was escalated to Tier 2 they called me frequently and left voice mails if I was not here.  I never did find out what really happened and once it was fixed it took several days for the log to show all the 'older' calls. I was so frustrated it got to the point I didn't even care what happened. I did tell them several times that the message they show should not be there.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation