Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Loss of ability to take and receive calls.

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Loss of ability to take and receive calls.

This is my first time to have this problem but apparently it happens to other customers.  Began at 10:00 am and at 8:15 PM still not working.  Forget calling on the telephone!  Waited on my cell phone for 20 minutes and had to listen to some godawful music which in itself would make you hang up. decided to go online and try to connect with someone and that is even more confusing.  I am hoping to get some answer from someone.  Problem is my phone rings and I answer they cannot hear me and when I get a call the phone rings and I answer and they cannot hear me.

Had to call on cellphone and waited so long the phone got hot.   As others have said, God help us if they merge with Time Warner or whoever.  This trying to be everything to everybody and not hiring enough help is destroying this country.  And for this we have to pay a premium price.  We will all have serious mental breakdowns or heart attacks.

Accepted Solution

Re: Loss of ability to take and receive calls.

Problem resolved itself apparently.  It started working a few hours later.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

Just try resetting the modem with the reset button in the back, then wait a minute or two for it to come back.

Regular Visitor

Not very tech savvy.  Where and what is the modem for the telephone?  I have a Mac computer.

Connection Expert

It's the device that the phone line wire and the coax cable wire are connected to. The button is recessed in a tiny hole on the back. You'll need something like a pen tip, toothpick, or a bent paper clip. Depress and hold it in until you see the front panel indicator lights begin to cycle, then release it. Now give it the time it needs to fully re-synch with the CC system.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

The modem is not the problem with our issue. If you call our number, it actually says "This is not an active number." But comcast refuses to address that - they keep saying it's a modem probem.

Regular Visitor

Problem resolved itself apparently.  It started working a few hours later.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation