Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Local Calls

Regular Contributor

Local Calls

How can I find out what are local calls for my area?
Problem Solver

Re: Local Calls

If you have Comcast Digital Voice, then all of the USA and Canada are "local calls."
Regular Contributor

They also have a level where you pay $24.95 a month and then $.05 a minute for long distance. Thus I need to know what calls are local from my home phone.
Problem Solver

Then you'll need to call your local Comcast office.  You may have to look it up in the phone book.  I looked on my bill and they have the local office address and hours of operation, but not the phone number.
Regular Contributor

tried that they didn't have a clue
Contributor

Calls within the U.S will be domestic and calls to Canada and U.S properties will be billed at .05/min
Regular Contributor

as well as all long distance calls. But the question is, how do I find out what is considered long distance from my home phone.
Problem Solver

Then try calling 1-800-COMCAST.  It is only a guess for me since I have the full CDV package (and all calls to Canada and the US are included), but you will probably pay $0.05 per minute for any call outside your area code.
Contributor

Long distance is calling outside of the US. (IE: Canada, Puerto Rico, Guam, USVI) and being billed at .05/min.

Local calls are within the US.

Problem Solver

The OP has the "Local with More" calling plan.  See the FAQ here.

* 5 cents/minute for in-state and out of state long distance

It is $15 cheaper than the regular CDV plan, which is worth it if you make less than 5 hours of long distance calls a month.  And voicemail is an additional $4 per month with this plan.  If you need voicemail, then the breakeven point is about 3.7 hours of long distance calls per month 

The only problem is the OP is having difficulty finding out what is "in-state and out of state long distance."
Regular Contributor

"The only problem is the OP is having difficulty finding out what is "in-state and out of state long distance.""

exactly!
Regular Visitor

Expert

yurkinator wrote:
maybe this can help

I doubt it: "Local calling information is valid for incumbent carriers only unless otherwise stated." Comcast is not an incumbent carrier.
New Poster

Is it correct to say local calls is defined as all calls iwithin the United States?

Regular Visitor

You can find out here:

http://ly.comcast.com/callingarea/default.aspx

"Local" is your area code and surrounding area codes.