Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Issues porting phone to Comcast re 911 call zones

Frequent Visitor

Issues porting phone to Comcast re 911 call zones

Current Comcast subscriber (double play, no telepone) trying to upgrade to a triple play by adding phone service.  Currently have my home phone with another VOIP provider (Voipo), and when I spoke to Comcast rep yesterday said that my number could not be ported to Comcast.  Today I called the comcast porting phone number and learned that the issue was related to different "rate centers", which reportedly is related to 911 calling.  My current zone is 33, and when comcast input my phone number it came up with zone 38.  Per comcast, can't port my number because of this zone disconnect.  Asked if comcast could manually fix the call zone disconnect, was told no. 

Is anyone familiar with this issue, and is there anything I can do?  Would like to keep my current home phone number.  Previously, had tried to upgrade to triple play, and was told couldn't port the phone.  At that time, I successfully ported my phone number from Vonage to Voipo, so obviously the rate zone disconnect did not come up.  Trying to understand why this is happening, seemingly only with comcast.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation