Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Incorrect time display on phone LCD

Frequent Visitor

Incorrect time display on phone LCD

I live in Arizona, which does not observe Daylight Savings Time.  Last month, when the time changed with DST, the digital displays on my phones changed.  This is the first time this has happened.  I have had Comcast Voice and my current phones for more than five years.

I have three phones in my house.  Two of them (corded) do not have the ability to set the clock/time.  They used to have the correct time, but now they are one hour ahead of what they should be.  My one cordless phone also changed time, and I reset it.  When a call comes in, it reverts back to the incorrect time.  I have also disconnected the corded phones from their power supplies and phone lines for 24 hours, plugged them back in, and they show the incorrect time.

I have contacted Comcast tech support about five times, and a couple of times they have indicated the problem is with my phones. So I did a test.  I took one of my corded phones to my neighbor's house, plugged it in, and it showed the correct time when a phone call came in.  I took that phone back to my house, and when a call came in, the phone reverted back to the incorrect time.

My phone modem is rented from Comcast.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Connection Expert
Moved:

Re: Incorrect time display on phone LCD

Regular Visitor

have the same problem. Was there any solution to the probem?

Frequent Visitor

No solution offered.  They think the problem is with my phones, and my guess is they think the ticket is closed.  However, I will keep pursuing the issue.

Regular Visitor

on to comcast nowe, also emailed vtech, my phone make to check for solution. reset the phone modem to no avail. will advise if solution found

Frequent Visitor

Comcast finally solved the problem.

Even though Comcast kept denying it was their problem, a tech service person finally came to my house and tried to solve it.  After 1.5 hours he gave up and said he had to write a ticket to the back office (National Fix Agency for Comcast?) it was kind of unclear to me.  About a week later, I noticed my display showed the correct time.  When I called Comcast asking for an explanation of what they did to fix the problem, they really couldn't tell me.  So, try calling Comcast and tell them another person had the same problem and it was fixed when the ticket was written at the national level.  By the way, since my original post, two of my friends using Comcast phone service had their times switch from the correct time to the incorrect time.

New Poster

I have the same issue and I've made several calls to COMCAST.  They all  blame my phone.  It's more an annoyance than a problem for me, but it would be nice to have it show the acccurate time for Arizona.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation