Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

If your voice service works, please read this.

Regular Visitor

If your voice service works, please read this.

I've been struggling for the past 3 weeks trying to get voice activated on my account.

I've gone through the highest level of support including engineering (all based in the US, not offshore) and...they can't figure it out.

Please don't try to troubleshoot my problem.  But...

If your voice service works and you also have an X1 DVR, please do this:

Online at comcast.com I see one modem listed which is the correct one and has the correct MAC address.

When I look in settings on my x1 dvr and look at my devices, my old voice modem is listed, not the new one.

I'm thinking they aren't updating my new modem somewhere (the same somewhere where the DVR gets its information) ...which is why they can't provision it.

Long story short:

If your voice service works: do both your X1 DVR (xfinity button on remote, apps, my account)  and the "my devices" pages on comcast.com show the correct modem/mac address that you use for your voice service?

New Poster

Re: If your voice service works, please read this.

The short answer to your question is "yes". I see the same device information in both places. It sounds like you're on to something. Good luck. I know how frustrating it is when these things don't work like they're supposed to and the "experts" aren't of much help.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation