Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

I thought Comcast was getting better now no phones

I thought Comcast was getting better now no phones

I had decided Comcast had finally changed its service performance.  When friends on Facebook asked who they should use for internet/tv, I was publicly going on record that it seemed that Comcast had fixed their issues with No Customer Service.  And then last week, my time sucker began.

1 - My modem/router was going in and out on me.  I contacted Comcast and they determined there was an issue and wanted to send a tech out who might or might not bill me.  I asked that they just send a modem/router and let me see if that fixed it.

2. - Modem/router box came very quickly but when I opened it, it was only a modem and not the modem/router combo I had been using.  I called and was told they would send me a new one.

3. 4 days later, the new one had not arrived AND I had not received an email confirmation so I went to Comcast with my old modem/router that I had been using and the modem I had been sent to return.  The line was moving pretty fast until the rep began arguing with a customer for a good 30 minutes.  She just argued and argued and all in line were pretty frustrated with her and talking about how she just needed to quit arguing.  My luck, I get that same rep.  I go up and explain I was sent the wrong equipment and she asks why it was wrong.  I tell her that I had been using a modem/router combo and I was sent a modem only.  She begins to argue with me.  She tells me that it was a modem/router and when I turn it over to show her the lack of ports, she tells me (I'm not joking here) "it is a router also, you just have to plug a separate router into it".  I replied, "why don't you just give me the same item as I was using and I will be on my way and you can help the rest of these folks" and she did. 

4 - Go home and hook the modem/router up and the internet works fantastic.  However, no phones (phones were working fine with old modem/router).  I contact help again, spending hours on the phone with them.  They get my phones to have a busy signal and then they say that my ports need to be added to their system and that will take 2 hours.  They give me a link to link into a chat with so that the case history will pull up and tell me to wait 2 hours and connect back into a chat.  I explain that it will be way past midnight so it will probably be the following day.  No problem says the rep.

5.  I connect the next day and they want to start all over again and don't understand.  I explain, and copy/paste the link I was sent the night before and they run a few things and then tell me the case will be escalated to a more advanced trouble shooting team.  They do give me a confirmation number which I don't have with me at my office. 

6.  I would have thought I would have heard from someone by now - over 24 hours later.  Still without phones and really contemplating just canceling the home phone.  I like having a number other than a cell to give folks that I don't want disrupting my work day but there are other options for VOIP  that I think will be less expensive.  Patience running out, no longer telling folks that Comcast has turned their customer service around.

New Poster

Re: I thought Comcast was getting better now no ph

I have had the same results dealing with them, but in other areas, but the more things are different the more they are the same. From the years of struggles I have had with service, it has always come down to the left hand does not know what the right is doing. For them to be offering communications services , it seems somewhat ironic that they have a really big problem communicating within the company. It has become somewhat of a joke among the people in the neighborhood. We had a severe storm last summer and 5 of us had called to report the line swinging from the pole. They told us point blank that our service was not out and that to be considered an "outage" they should have a sensor reporting it out. Remember the line was swinging in the breeze in front of us. When the service tech got here, he could do nothing with it because he was an interior guy not a pole climber. He did verify that the line was down though. You can only laugh. Not usually my first thought but am working on it.

Re: I thought Comcast was getting better now no ph

Well, still no phone but noticed that Comcast Is trying to reach me, on the non functioning phone line...  I left them my cell as the contact #.  Does anyone communicate over there or perhaps they can't read notes??

I wonder if I will get a credit of any kind? 

Does anyone know if VOIP phone lines are governed by the Georgia Public Service Commission?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation