Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

I can hear them, they can't hear me

Frequent Visitor

I can hear them, they can't hear me

We'll be talking and then I can hear them, but they can't hear me. Then the phone goes dead and the display says No Home Line. I have to wait until that message clears before I can get a dial tone and call the person back. They tell me it sounds like a modem handshake on their end.

I moved into this house in late 2010 and had the brilliant idea of bundling and porting my Verizon number to Comcast, which is when this problem began. All new wiring from the pole and into all rooms of the house was installed. They've checked and corrected polarity, sent a signal to the modem, replaced the modem, replaced some switch in some other State, disconnected the Verizon line, and now, all we can do is scratch our heads.

I thought about just going back to Verizon because I never had this problem since having an account with them back to 1978. You know what they told me? My internet and TV would then cost more because it won't be a bundle.  Niiiice.

Anyone have any thoughts on what it could be?  These guys have done everything!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation