Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET RID OF COMCAST PHONE SERVICE

Regular Contributor

I CANNOT WAIT TO GET RID OF COMCAST PHONE SERVICE

My phone has been out of order for several days.  Because of the holiday, according to Comcast, they cannot come to fix it until Saturday,.  However, when I telephoned them today to confirm that they will in fact come on Saturday, guess what?  They did not answer the phone.  I called them on my cell phone and after one hour I just hung up.  It would appeasr to me that Comcast bit off more than they ciould chew and are not capable of rendering a telephone service and they should just abandon the phone service.  When my phone service went out I have been unable to print from my computer.  When and IF they come to :"repair" my phone on Saturday I will also expect them to render my printer to print from my computer since Comcast broke it.  Has anyone ever attempted to get a telephone directory from Comcast?  Well, don't bother because they do not give telephone directories.  This is probably the only telephone service in the entire world that does not give out a telephone directory.  I will be going to Direct TV and back to Verizon for my computer and telephone service.

New Poster

Re: I CANNOT WAIT TO GET RID OF COMCAST PHONE SERV

Just left Directv, the service is horrible and the hidden cost unbeleivable.

Frequent Visitor

I HATE it too!  Unfortunately, they have a monopoly on cable tv and other services in our area, so we're STUCK with them!  Result:  They DO NOT CARE about their customers as proven by NUMEROUS complaints and comments, such as yours, on their website!!!  I FEEL your anger!  But not much we can do!  I've TRIED SO VERY MANY times!

New Poster

The quality of support you get often depends on your service area. Often they will contract independent service providers to do service for some areas. Often the employees of these providers are not well trained. You  need to call and ask to speak with a manager. Tell them the issue you had. In my experience, escalating the issue got me favorable results. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies.  My phone has been fixed (for now) but who knows how long it will last.  And I still do not have a telephone directory because Comcast in their "wisdom" do not see the need for one.  I agree that we are stuck with Comcast, and just wait, if Time-Warner buys Comcast I think the service will be worse.  I have friends in other parts of the country who have Time-Warner and they have the same complaints that we have.

Problem Solver

Why you never want to bundle Comcast services… ever:

http://www.dslreports.com/comment/1579/87352

Comcast Internet, DirecTV, Ooma Phone Service, the only way to fly.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation