Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

How to suppress the caller id login windows?

Regular Contributor

How to suppress the caller id login windows?

I find it really odd that when I reboot my Windows 7 computer, and log into my user account, that I get two windows just for caller id.  And then the same thing each time I log into my user account.  One window is a big splash screen in the middle of my monitor, and another little window over by the system tray. Most Windows OS apps just put an icon in the system tray, and you only get a message window at startup if there's some sort of problem.  So this behavior of it needing two windows at startup that I need to dismiss to tell me that it is working is very annoying.  I just want to see the icon sitting happily in the system tray if it's working fine.  And the small window over by the system tray is less annoying, but I still don't need it to tell me that it's working.

Has anyone tried to suppress these windows, especially the full splash screen that comes up in the middle of one's monitor to tell you that you're logged in and connected?  If you have, can you please pass on how you managed that?  I expect that there might be a way to do this using a registry entry, but maybe not.

Anyways, thanks for any help with this.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation