Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

How do I stop my phone messages from going to Voice Mail?

Regular Visitor

How do I stop my phone messages from going to Voice Mail?

I have Comcast phone service but never did anything with Voice Mail. 

I just discovered many old phone messages listed in voice mail that had never apperared on my home answering machine het when I call my number from another phone and leave a message, there is no choice of where to leave it and the message appears on my home answering machine not on the Voice Mail list.

How have these old messages I now have on Voice Mail gone there instead of my home answering machine?  How do I stop this from happening again?

I called Comcast and was told I have to dial *99 on my phone to make these changes.  I did that and could find nothing on *99 that seemed to relate in any way to this problem.

How do I stop phone messages from bypassing my phone answering machine and ending up on Voice Mail?

Bruce  Pusch

New Poster

Re: How do I stop my phone messages from going to Voice Mail?

You have to call comcast directly & tell them you don't want your voice mail on your home phone & they will turn it off for you.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation