Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I change my number and get it unlisted?

Frequent Visitor

How do I change my number and get it unlisted?

What the subject says.
We get way too many anonymous calls that can't be blocked or "screened" because the number of "screenable" callers is so unreasonably low in this day and age and "anonymous" is a joke with Xfinity's block feature, to be honest.
How can I change our phone number and make it unlisted? What would the cost be?  I'm a live-in caregiver for my mother who has dementia. She's good at not answering the phone when caller ID doesn't identify the caller as someone she knows (at least for the time being). But we get so many unidentified calls that it's ridiculous and annoying. I've registered our number on the national "do not call" list, but that's been a fruitless attempt.
I'd love to be able to set the incoming calls to just numbers on an allowed list (understanding that law enforcement and such should be allowed by default) without by default either rejecting or just going to voicemail.
It's 2016...for what we're paying the blocking service should be so much better!

Service Expert

Re: How do I change my number and get it unlisted?

mrnocal wrote:

What the subject says.
We get way too many anonymous calls that can't be blocked or "screened" because the number of "screenable" callers is so unreasonably low in this day and age and "anonymous" is a joke with Xfinity's block feature, to be honest.
How can I change our phone number and make it unlisted? What would the cost be?  I'm a live-in caregiver for my mother who has dementia. She's good at not answering the phone when caller ID doesn't identify the caller as someone she knows (at least for the time being). But we get so many unidentified calls that it's ridiculous and annoying. I've registered our number on the national "do not call" list, but that's been a fruitless attempt.
I'd love to be able to set the incoming calls to just numbers on an allowed list (understanding that law enforcement and such should be allowed by default) without by default either rejecting or just going to voicemail.
It's 2016...for what we're paying the blocking service should be so much better!

You will need to contact Comcast directly @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489.  You will be bale to discuss your account more freely insread of using these peer-to-peer support forums.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: How do I change my number and get it unlisted?

Hi mrnocal, I am not showing that you called in and I can assist in getting your number changed.  I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation