Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

How do I allow a secondary account use voice

ANSWERED
New Poster

I want to let my secondary account (68stingray) use voice on his cell. How do I go about doing this?
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I allow a secondary account use voice

75snowey2 wrote:
I want to let my secondary account (68stingray) use voice on his cell. How do I go about doing this?

Let me see...  You want a secondary user to be able to access Xfinity CONNECT App so that they can also use the app's features from your Primary account?

You will need to install the App on the secondary user's phone.  Once installed, the secondary user's username and password should be used to login into the App.  You will need to ensure that the secondary user has a Voice PIN assigned to the account of course.

-=Geek=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

View answer in context
Service Expert

75snowey2 wrote:

Let me see...  You want a secondary user to be able to access Xfinity CONNECT App so that they can also use the app's features from your Primary account?

You will need to install the App on the secondary user's phone.  Once installed, the secondary user's username and password should be used to login into the App.  You will need to ensure that the secondary user has a Voice PIN assigned to the account of course.

-=Geek=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

when we loaded the app it said that the primary user has to give permission for this to be allowed. when I clicked on the link it took me to a blank page. and I cannot find no voice settings to allow this to happen

Service Expert
Moved:

Service Expert

75snowey2 wrote:

when we loaded the app it said that the primary user has to give permission for this to be allowed. when I clicked on the link it took me to a blank page. and I cannot find no voice settings to allow this to happen

Locate the secondary user account.

Under the secondary user's permissions, select EDIT PERMISSIONS

Check the Box for May access Voice features and read voicemail online

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I was told today by a Comcast employee in the Xfinity Connect technical support group that only the primary user can access voicemail through the Xfinity Connect ap.   This seems ridiculous.   I did give the secondary user the permissions mentioned above.

Service Expert

DDynot wrote:

I was told today by a Comcast employee in the Xfinity Connect technical support group that only the primary user can access voicemail through the Xfinity Connect ap.   This seems ridiculous.   I did give the secondary user the permissions mentioned above.

That does indeed sound ridiculous....   on the secondary user's Xfinity Connect APP, ensure yu are logging in with the secondary user's account information, then goto Settings and ensure the home phone number is listed.  Post back if this did not work.

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information - (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers, the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.   Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you. 
******* Comcast Official Employees (OE) are identified with
RED lettered User Names. *******

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

LOL!  I had given the voicemail permissions many months ago, and Xfinity Connect would show the secondary user's email, but not the voicemail.  Hence my phone call to customer support to get help with this. 

But now it is working!

Only thing I can think of was that  while I was looking at the permissions again today, I clicked save (or was it submit?)  without changing anything.  Maybe the permissions had an error???

Thanks for your help, geek46

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation