Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

How Caller ID appears on TV screen

Regular Visitor

How Caller ID appears on TV screen

I have the comcast/Xfinity cable bundle (TV, Internet,and voice) service.  My question regards  my  Caller ID as shown on the TV:.   I am on a Verizon cell phone family plan with 3 others.  When I call my home landline from my cell, the CID that shows up on my home TV is the main cell phone account holders name but with my cell #.  This also happens on other TV's at other locations with Comcast TV service.  However,  If I call any  landline or cell phone  with my cell phone...my name and number appear on that phone CID.  Question is "Why does the main Verizon account holders name appear with my  cell # on the TV (Comcast cable service)" ?   I should mention I am also listed as an account holder on this plan.  I have been around the horn with Verizon and nothing they suggest seems to correct the probelm.  If you understand the above  problem...any thoughts  as to how to resolve it???

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation