Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Hovering and being nosy may be the only way your next service call gets resolved.

Frequent Visitor

Hovering and being nosy may be the only way your next service call gets resolved.

The original Comcast CDV installer (outsourced) verbally noted the in-place Comcast amplifier at my cable box on the outside of the house.  He put a splitter on and said CDV should work fine.  I don't recall that he did any testing to make sure of that claim.  The system worked fine when the power was up, but he never tested with the amp unpluged from the AC outlet.

A recent power outage immediately took the CDV down.  I still had a blinking "Power and DS" LED, but no others.

The service person that came out today was baffled about what caused the phone service to go down...until I mentioned the amplifier.  He immediately evaluated the current connection and determined that the splitter was installed entirely wrong.  An easy fix.

Moral of the story...

Don't assume that Comcast service people have any information to work with other than what they can see at the moment they are in front of your connection box.  Additionally, they may not look where they need to if they make wrong assumptions about your particular service or service history.

As much as the service person may not appreciate your hovering around, you can do yourself a big favor by paying attention to what does and doesn't get done at a service call.  Remarkably, your detailed knowledge of the work that was performed at the last Comcast service call may be the ONLY information available that will lead to a resolution of the current problem.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation