Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Horrid, incompetent svc agents. Problem remains.

New Poster

Horrid, incompetent svc agents. Problem remains.

We are really fed up and angry with the supposed Comcast support for telephone service. I instituted a chat early Thursday afternoon (8/6) because our phone and internet service was going out regularly daily for the past week and I would have to disconnect and reset.  The agent took me through the same process that I had been doing to reset, even though I had told him several times that was what I had done multiple times with no success.  He also failed or was unable to read fully my comments that were used to answer his chat question.  He wound up disconnecting once he saw that he could not resolve.

We called Comcast later yesterday and they said that we had an out-dated modem.  (the earlier chat agent had taken the model number down but did not suggest getting a current modem).  We went down and got a replacement modem and installed it and worked with another agent - she was also unable to activate the phone line by doing the identical steps that I had done myself and also directed by the chat agent.  She also had an irritating style of read a script and not stopping when we had a question or comment.  Far too much promotion of Comcast products.  She also went through the identical steps that we had been doing for the past weeks. No success. We are extremely mad at Comcast for their employee's inability to listen to our comments and problems.  They are obviously going on a script.  Insanity is defined by doing the same thing multiple times, but expecting different results.  Are your agents insane?

We called Comcast today and the same story - script, identical steps, no success.  But today's agent (male) was by far the rudest agent we have dealt with in our 25 years with Comcast.  We have a technician appointment scheduled for Monday.

Your chat and phone agents in the past have been competent and polite.  The ones dealing with the current problem have major shortcomings in their competency and people skills.   

New Poster

Re: Horrid, incompetent svc agents. Problem remai

Join the club. I love it when the Chat Agents say "you've reached the right person" and then transfer you on when they fail. Last time I chatted with six of the "right people" before I gave up and fixed the problem myself with information from the support forums. Honestly, the customers know more about the system than the people that work there.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation