Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Home phone not ringing

Regular Visitor

Home phone not ringing

I have xfinity triple play with voicemail. My home phone worked and then it stopped ringing. The phone doesn't ring anymore and goes straight to voicemail. The phone itself can make calls, but in order to receive calls you have to know when someone's calling.

The phone is a 2010 Uniden Dect.

Should I disable voicemail?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Home phone not ringing

Hello,

Have you tried to reset your etma?

Expert

Before you do anything check to see what is set for the number of rings before voice mail kicks in.

Sign in to XfinityConnect as the primary Comcast user account.

Click Voice.

After Voice opens, click Preferences.

Next click Call Manager. If you do not see Call Manager listed at the top of the page, look for it on the left side of the page.

Wait for the page to load then look to see what is set under

Voice Mail Rings.PNG

If set to 1 make changes, click Save.

If it is set to more than 1, reset the modem.

Expert

To first troubleshoot your CDV service, first reset the eMTA telephony modem by pressing the small indented reset button on the panel where the cables attach. 

Next is to take a known good wired phone, and at the eMTA, unplug the phone cord on the L1/L2 jack.  Plug in the wired phone and give it a test.  That will determine if your issue is your phone equipment or inside phone wiring in the home.  If it starts to work, then you need to eliminate if it is any phone equipment connected in the home, or you might need a low voltage tech out to troubleshoot the inside wiring and jacks.

If you connect a good wired phone directly the the eMTA telephony modem and it still doesn't work, then you will need to contact Comcast support and they will determine if it can be repaired remotely or a tech needs to come out.

Frequent Visitor

In simple words, unplug your main base phone from the wall and then pllug it back in after 30 seconds. It always worked for me.

New Poster

I had this same problem just yesterday.  I went to surge protector and turn it off for one min which turned off the modem , then turned it back on to reboot its self.  Wa La  the phone worked again.  Remember everything we have electronically is like a computer it self.  You turn off and back on after a min, and let it reboot up and it usually fixes its self. 

New Poster

Home phone not ringing. Have four Panasonic KX-TG4021 on a common base. Everything working fine (including answering device). Frequently ringer does not work. Have gone through Panasonic Programable Settings and everything seems AOK with phone. Don't know if problem is with Comcast or with Panasonic phone.