New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Home phone does not work since hurrican came, all my other equipment does work

New Poster

Home phone does not work since hurrican came, all my other equipment does work

Please fix my home phone

Official Employee

Re: Home phone does not work since hurrican came, all my other equipment does work

cebrookfield, I see that you've recently posted about your Comcast services, PM your account # so I can look into this & speak privately. ComcastDanB

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: Home phone does not work since hurrican came, all my other equipment does work

You are not alone!  Since Hurricane IRMA in Florida,  my phone service,  which sort of came back after 4 days outage, has been unbelievably dreadful!  While often I am able to hear the person I'm tring to talk to,  my voice either breaks up too badly for them to understand me,  or all they hear is silence!  I hear "hello?",  "Hello?",  "Is anyone there?"  .  When I finally called Comcast today, I could not be heard until the mechanical voice told me to hit the telephone keys1, 2, etc,  as I could not be heard.  An agent rebooted my modem (which I had already done several times) and then said she would send a technician and charge me $50! She said my phones were at fault,  as I was told awhile ago,  when I replaced my phones with a good Panasonic system,  which made no difference! In 5 years, my phone lines have given me terrible service, and I think it's time to recognize I need to change,  since Comcast never fixes the problems! I had good service from Comcast before moving here 5 years ago,  and now, everyone in my building who has Comcast hates the poor service! The hurricane seems to have made it even worse!

Official Employee

cebrookfield, I see we had someone out on 9/24 to look into your phone issues. Are you still experiencing issues with your services? ComcastDanB

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

BarbaraPCMF, I'm showing there is an confirmed event that is currently affecting your area. We appreciate your patience while engineers work diligently to restore service to your area. Once this confirmed event has been resolved, if you're still experiencing issues with your phone service. Reach out in PM so we can further look into this issue for you. ComcastDanB

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Funny,  I was told there is no current problem in my area. I had a CHAT session after posting here,  and was contacted by a representative here in Palm Beach County,  and was promised a thorough investigation since this is an on-going problem in my community, a series of Lifetime Care Communities for the elderly.  We are very vulnerable and often do not know whom to contact ...or how! The poor quality of phone service has been actually going on close to 5 years in my case!  A technician will be arriving Tuesday,  though that has never accomplished anything yet! My speech is heard as garbled by others,  except when I'm talking to Comcast now! The Hurricane simply exacerbated an on-going problem!

Official Employee

BarbaraPCMF, I wanted to touch bases with you to see how the appointment went? ComcastDanB

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation