Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Has anyone had "Phone Problems" with Comcast,(no dial tone)?

New Poster

Has anyone had "Phone Problems" with Comcast,(no dial tone)?

My phone line is dead air,I can not recieve or make calls from my landline phone,has anyone had this problem before? since I cant make calls,I went to Live Chat & chatted w/ a Larry..he tried a few things but nothing worked,said I need to schedule for a Technician to come to my home & if its not a ComCast problem there will be a Fee!..I'm curious if anyone has ever had phone issues as mine due to ComCast problems. Thanks
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Has anyone had "Phone Problems" with Comcast,(no dial tone)?

Assuming you have Comcast Digital Voice service, there's a forum area for that.  Had you noticed it, you would have seen that (as with any service) some do indeed have problems.

You definitely need to schedule a tech visit.

(Don't be surprised if someone moves this thread to the appropriate forum section.)

BTW, I saw your other post, where you asked for an update in a 3 year old thread.
Contributor

I have not had a dial tone since 7/31...have contacted Comcast 6 times now...still no tech has shown up. I live in Nesbit, ms. Is this an area problem? My neighbors phones are out, also, and they do not have Comcast phone service. Ours went out during a storm..All lights on modem are flashing, EXCEPT the 2 phone lights...tv and internet are fine...maybe we need to go back to AT&T?
BTW, if there is another forum for this problem, where is it?
Email Expert

This is the correct forum. The thread was originally posted in another forum, and someone moved it here after Bartleby wrote his response.

Which is why I've recommended that people NOT post that a thread is in the wrong forum. It will just make things more confusing when one of us moves it where it belongs.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Affirmative.  Continuing problems with phone cutting out, dropping long-distance calls, interruptions, local callers unable to hear me, etc. 

Comcast sent out a tech 3 times and all three said the problems were caused by "loose connections" on the pole outside.  So, apparently, none of the techs did their job properly.  On top of that, Comcast's bill included a charge for "in-house" repair, which was not the case.  I called, explained and deducted the x-tra charges.

Consequently, I had to go out and purchase one of those "pay as you go phones" for emergencies, since it was apparent that I could not rely on Comcast and I'm not about to pay for a cell phone.

And, still having problems.  Talked to two callers yesterday...each said they were cut off, couldn't hear me and heard the tone that indicates another call coming in.  I didn't hear it and didn't use the call-waiting feature, so the calls went to voicemail which I never use.  It's not cheap, but a customer should be allowed to pay for what he/she uses, not what's bundled in the package to make them pay more for services. 

Seriously considering options with other service providers, particularly for the phone.  I don't recall this kind of problem ever occurring with AT&T or Verizon.
New Poster

Just be aware if someone calls you and you pick up the phone and it SEEMS dead...that the CALLER CAN HEAR YOU....but of course you don't hear him or her and you cannot call out... I called on my cell phone and had to REBOOT MY PHONE...this is ridiculous... I have had nothing but problems with the phone and the TV.....

I also have crackling and loud clicks...that means (according to my sister who is tech support in NH for METROCAST) that the signal is weak....they came and checked and acted like they were squared away...but nothing has changed... at the moment I cannot dial an 800 number including theirs for tech support....
New Poster

I'm having that same problem now. I currently have no dial tone, and at times while on a call it'll just suddenly drop like a cell would in a dead zone. I have a kid in surgery right now, and the doctors are suppose to call me when I can go pick her up, but oh look, they can't because I foolishly gave them my home phone number.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation