Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Has anyone else been tricked into getting this?

New Poster

Has anyone else been tricked into getting this?

While dealing with some issues with my internet, I was offered an internet upgrade for a lower monthly charge.  Sounds good, right?  Today I find out that they have signed me up for triple play, despite the fact I have never expressed any interest in voice.  I am wondering if this is a common practice - to lure people into getting services that they haven't asked for and don't want?  

Now Comcast will not let me cancel the voice portion.  I was told to wait to see my bill first.  They are also sending out equipment which I will obviously have to return.

New Poster

Re: Has anyone else been tricked into getting this

I ordered my internet package which I was quoted $40 a month. I never got confirmation my order was complete and I still haven't purchased anything at this point. A self install kit arrives a couple days later. I call comcast and tell me once I install everything and active my account I will be billed. I did all this and everything was great until I got the bill and I was charged $80 for the same amount of speed I was quoted for $40. I called comcast and nothing was resolved. I later get a rep at my house telling me theirs an exclusive offer for me. Im told I can get double the internet speed and up to 100 tv channels for less then I'm paying now which is still $80. I agree to this after giving up arguing over my original problem. After the new modem was swapped out and the TV DVR was installed I find out I only have the Basic Broadcasted TV channels. Comcast is very tricky but I have no other providers in my area.
New Poster

Re: Has anyone else been tricked into getting this

I was. I just wanted to confirm a bill. Got tricked into this and you know it is a trick when they never bother to give you the number

AND  the phone line at my house doesn't work. And then they wanted to sign 2 year contracts for HBO for a 1. 

Was very upset . Still am. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation