Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Half the country has this number

New Poster

Half the country has this number

Since I signed up w/ Comcast voice three months ago, I've been getting 6 - 10 calls a day -- all wrong numbers -- from across the country, and when I ask who they're trying to call, it's always someone different.  It's as if Comcast gave this phone number to a hundred different customers

My favorite was a call from Comcast, themselves.  When asked who they thought they were calling, they gave a name that wasn't mine.  At this point I called customer service, explained the situation, and was told that there was nothing they could do.  They gave some lame non-explanation about it being a "database entry," which explains nothing.  When pressed on the matter of Comcast even knowing which of their customers they were calling, I was told that they occasionally recycled numbers (acceptable), but didn't keep track of whom the number was later assigned to (absurd and stupid).  Not even the federal government is this incompetant.  I will be moving my service back to Verizon.  At least they never called me looking for Bob Smith, or Frank Woods, or Jim Turkle, or Chan Lan Wi.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation