Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Had a great experience with a CDV service tech....How do I tell someone?

Had a great experience with a CDV service tech....How do I tell someone?

I was hooked up last Sat with CDV, and the initial installer was a contractor who left a few loose ends.   I had a minor problem and tech was dispatched to come to my house.   He arrived on time, and was extremely knowledgeable about voice and data networks and proper installation of phone service.   I work in the technical field and have a prior datacomm and telecomm background, so I know when someone is faking it and when they're the real deal.  
This guy trouble shot the issue and did everything exactly as I would have expected.   I was impressed, given my impression (based on past experience and the CDV installer) that some Comcast techs are high level with the technology and not very knowledgeable.     How can I let someone that matters know?   I have the receipt he left with the service call information and his technician number, but I don't want to just call the 800 number and speak to a person on the phone who probably isn't the best person to let know.   Is there an e-mail or phone # that goes to Comcast HQ or to some group of supervisors who will care and give this guy the credit he deserves?  
People are always **bleep**ing when things go wrong, so Comcast ought to make it easier for customers to let you know when things go well.  

Message Edited by neil0311 on 06-07-200708:07 PM

Regular Contributor

Re: Had a great experience with a CDV service tech....How do I tell someone?

Hi neil0311

Thank you for responding to my email to verify the technician’s name and number. I have forwarded it on to his area manger.

If you would like, you can also send us an email and it will be forwarded on so that he will get recognition.

On a side note, as I have been working this forum, it is always a pleasure to hear the good feedback. We take the good as well as the bad seriously. There is a lot of attention on the forums, some is seen (by our replies) some unseen.

As a reminder, we make it easy for you to connect with someone if you have a question or comment about your Comcast service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just 

contact us.

Thanks for the post and the kind words!

Re: Had a great experience with a CDV service tech....How do I tell someone?

Thanks Jim.   I was quite impressed with the quick communication on your end too, so thank you for your e-mails and quick reply.    I was initially skeptical about switching to CDV based on reading comments on internet forums, and was paying Verizon $55/mo for analog service, but after making the switch I'm very happy I did and so far the service quality has been superior to Verizon and the one on site visit was a good one.   Saving money and good service at the same time....I feel like a commercial.    
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation