Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Google Recording on Incoming Calls

New Poster

Google Recording on Incoming Calls

Incoming calls ring once before giving the caller a recorded Google messaging asking that they enter their number so Google can direct their calls. We do not have any service from Google. What gives? 

Service Expert

Re: Google Recording on Incoming Calls

cnelson wrote:

Incoming calls ring once before giving the caller a recorded Google messaging asking that they enter their number so Google can direct their calls. We do not have any service from Google. What gives? 

If this is new service and Comcast supplied you with the new number, call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 and speak with a CSR about  this issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

This is NOT new service. I am a longtime customer. Can you help me or di I have to call in?

Service Expert

cnelson wrote:

This is NOT new service. I am a longtime customer. Can you help me or di I have to call in?

These forums are peer-to-peer support areas with little interaction from Comcast.  All issues should be directed to Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489 so that the issues can be logged into your account and escalated if needed to higher tiers of support.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi cnelson, I can get this to the proper team, are you still experiencing this issue?  Have you upgraded your phones recently that might be causing this message when others call your landline?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hey ComcastPhil, this same thing began on my home landline around June 8th: incoming calls ring once on my home phone and drop; the caller gets a message stating "Hello. Please state your name after the tone, and Global Voice will try to connect you."  I don't have google voice.

I called Comcast June 11th and spoke with Cesar (CR598661799) who suggested I turn off call forwarding with *73. It worked temporarily (even though I don't use call forwarding and have never turned it on), but the issue keeps recurring. What is causing this, why did it start, and how can we make it stop?

Thanks.

New Poster

cnelson - Did you ever get this resolved? The same thing started on my phone around June 8th, and I'm not getting any traction. 

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

heather806 wrote: ... I called Comcast June 11th and spoke with Cesar (CR598661799) who suggested I turn off call forwarding with *73. It worked temporarily (even though I don't use call forwarding and have never turned it on) ...

If you didn't enable Call Forwarding, you might try calling Comcast Security Assurance and asking them if they can tell you who did. 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Official Employee

Hi heather806, I am currently researching this issue. Is this happening with all inbound callers or just select numbers? I will also send you a private message so we can get an example number trace.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Has this problem been solved?  I'm currently experiencing this issue.  I have Google Voice, but it's not linked in any way to my landline phone number.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation