Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Formerly reliable phone line is going bad.

New Poster

Formerly reliable phone line is going bad.

I gave up my land line a couple of years ago because Comcast Voice voice qualify seemed very good. In the last two weeks, I am getting random chopped voice reception from callers. I thougth it was the other caller until I recorded a few voice mails which contained the choppiness. It seems to happen in the late afternoon around 4 - 5:30 PM. I have the triple play with 50 Mbps internet speeds. 

If this was just for family use, I would not be worried but I work at home and use this line for webinars and customer calls and require a good qualify line.

Does anyone know why this problem would start with a historically solid service?

It is not the phone as i have tried more than one.

Regular Visitor

Re: Formerly reliable phone line is going bad.

Yes, what is the problem with this?  My boyfriend thinks I am up no good because at the same time when he isn't home the line goes dead - this is ridiculous - I switced to comcast/xfinity because it was supposed to be more reliable - I've haad more issues with comcast/xfiniy since I switched to the stupid X-platform, triple play EVERYTHING is going thtough the internet and less reliable than sateliite in a storm.

New Poster

We've been having this same issue for months.  Comcast sent out a tech to check our lines and our modem.  They ran a new line to the house, switch splitters and swapped out the modem.  Worked ok for about a month then back to the same old thing.  Phone reception sucks. Choppy conversations, phone cuts out after about 3 minutes and we loose the internet connection.  They sent another tech out yesterday 6/28 to resolve the problem again.  He said they still had our old modem linked to our account and that was the problem.  They reconfigured our current modem and removed the old one from our account.  But today, 24 hours later, same issues.  Phone stops working after about 3-4 minutes and the internet quits.   What a joke.   Seems that since they went all digital they've been having this problem.  Everything was working fine with the old modem we had about a year or so ago.   Service sucks and prices keep going up.   Thinking about dumping them and looking for another alternative.

Regular Visitor

just happened again....does anyone know if you can switch back to a landline?  I hate calling "customer service" because I always get someone that's English is worse than Apu's from the Simpsons

New Poster

Same issue here.

We've had Xfinity Voice service for a couple years now (seemed like a good idea since it was packaged with our internet and the only other option was AT&T) and it worked fine up until a few months ago.

I now notice that everytime I dial out it takes a few seconds for it to begin dialing, but there's this weird echo beforehand. Also, I get the choppy phone reception, either calling out or people calling in.  I haven't really noticed a time of day; it just sounds like this weird buzzing that interrupts the person on the other end.

The other weird thing is the person on the other end has no problem hearing me, it's just on my end.  The phone and cable lines are all new (were replaced when we initially got the service) so I know that's not the issue.

Cable Expert

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation