Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

First Time Accessing Voicemail

New Poster

First Time Accessing Voicemail

How do I know my passcode when accessing my voice mailbox through the phone (for the first time)?  I just started with Comcast.

Accepted Solutions
New Poster

Re: First Time Accessing Voicemail

Final resolution: despite no information indicating this, the voice mailbox MUST BE SET UP USING A TELEPHONE.  Even though it SEEMS like everything is set-up on-line, it is not.  You must call your own phone number and access the IVR menu to completely setup the mailbox.  Once that is done, you can change these features on-line

All Replies
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Here is a link that might help you out with voicemail.

http://sitesearch.comcast.com/?q=voice+mail+access&cat=ccentral

New Poster

There is no"personal greeting" (just dead air) after I dial 99 and when I hit the # sign I go to an operator-recorded disconnected number message.  So I do not even get a chance to put in my passcode - which I do not know anyhow!

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Sounds like it is not setup correctly or needs some code to your account. Try calling comcast and ask them.

New Poster

I have found a passcode reset under Comcast - Voice - Users& Preferences  but it will not let me reset -- it keeps on saying I cannot use my phone number as a PIN.

New Poster

Final resolution: despite no information indicating this, the voice mailbox MUST BE SET UP USING A TELEPHONE.  Even though it SEEMS like everything is set-up on-line, it is not.  You must call your own phone number and access the IVR menu to completely setup the mailbox.  Once that is done, you can change these features on-line